Hi, again! With so many incredibly exciting things happening at Marci’s Bakery, it’s tough to know where to start with this blog post. It’s also tough to articulate the abundance of gratitude I’m feeling!
Some people like to “save the best for last,” but I am just too thrilled to wait to share this news with all of you:
We Just Opened a Retail Outlet!!
Come this Fri. Nov. 27th, 2015. I'll be giving away FREE SAMPLES from 10-3!
You'll find us at 178 Nebo Road, inside Scoly's Hometown Market in Hamilton. We've always been there - baking in our bakery at the back of this large building, but on Nov. 20th we began offering our baking mixes, and other goodies in the front of the building! I will personally be in the front of the store (Scoly's Market), every Friday from 10 am and 3 p.m. handing out FREE SAMPLES. The other days of the week, the friendly staff will be happy to show you where our baking and mixes are displayed! We will be selling everything we make on Fridays, so come visit me, enjoy some samples and say hello! I am so looking forward to seeing you there in person! Our entire team feels extremely blessed for this new opportunity to feed our community healthy treats loaded with yummy, natural, God-given ingredients.
Can’t make it on Fridays? Well, Scoly’s Hometown Market will be sure to give you your Marci’s Bakery fix! Just visit them at 178 Nebo Rd any day and you'll find our goodies there!
Also!!! - You can now order directly from us through our “way-better” website! With a few simple clicks, you can get our love-loaded treats delivered right to your door. Talk about convenience! I encourage you to browse our online shop, if you haven’t had a chance already. We truly have something for everyone, even our four-legged friends.
If you’ve never tried our delicious products before, here are Five Fast Facts you should know about how we boost nutrition and body-blessing health benefits with the ingredients we choose:
- Marci’s Bakery is free of Canada’s Top 9 food allergens, including nuts, and gluten: making our treats a healthy addition safe to pack in your child’s school lunches (kids love our Brownie Life Bites and Harvest Morning Cookies!)
- We love using nutritionally-stacked seeds, like sunflower seeds, in our baking. Did you know sunflower seeds are high in Vitamin E? Vitamin E has significant anti-inflammatory effects and aids in the prevention of cardiovascular disease. Get in their goodness with our Paleo Protein Bites or “I’m on Fibre” Muffins!
- By using milled flax seeds, milled sunflower seeds, and brown rice flour instead of traditional wheat-based flours, our products are not only gluten-free but also loaded with extra health. Brown rice flour is packed with protein, fibre and contains high levels of B vitamins. We use it in our Pan of Beautiful Brownies, Raisin’ Energy Cookies, and Hip Chocolate Chip Muffins, just to name a few!
- Because we never use eggs, dairy, or any other animal product - our entire line of products is suitable for vegans and those who are lactose intolerant or have an egg allergy.
- In place of dairy and eggs, we use organic olive oil sparingly for moisture and we use what we call “flax-eggs” (a blend of water and flax meal) to help gently bind our ingredients together healthfully. Olive oil is a fabulous source of healthy fat and has been shown to support cognitive function and support bone health. Flax meal is the richest source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids, called alpha-linoleic acid (ALA) in the world! Experience how tender these wonder ingredients make our delights by trying our Rye Not Bread or Country Apple Crumble.
We have so many over-the-top-yummy treats ready to grab-and-enjoy. I know the joys of being in the kitchen all too well – if you drop by the outlet on Friday, you may catch me dancing while I’m serving what I just made in our kitchen! If you’re looking to get in your own kitchen to whip up something different for you and your family, try the recipe below for Gluten-free, Vegan Triple Threat Cookies! These are indulgent-worthy, without the guilt! Perfect for Christmas!!
Triple Threat COOKIES (No Added fat)
- 1 package of Marci's Bakery Choc-A-Lot Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar *
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
* You can substitute other sweeteners, like maple syrup, agave nectar, or rice syrup.
- Preheat Oven to 350F / 175C
- Mix the coconut sugar and water in a medium bowl
- Add the package of Marci's Bakery Choc-A-Lot Cookie Mix
- Add the 3 extra goodies (chips and hemp hearts)
- Stir everything together
- Spoon 24-30 cookies onto 2 parchment lined baking sheets; flatten with a fork or the heel of your hand
- Bake in your preheated oven for 10 minutes
- Cool for 15 minutes
- These are ideal cookies for kids lunches and/or company visiting (they'll get their decadent fix -and their fibre without even knowing it!)
Give the recipe a try and tell me what you think! Don’t forget, in addition to reaching out in the comments below, we are always listening to you on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. Stay current with what we’re up to and be the first to know about special offers – follow us today!
Love – Marci
PS I look forward to seeing you on Fridays 10-3! Come in and visit. Bring your health questions and in the meantime, send me your feedback, comments and suggestions.. Use the form below to reply.
As always, thank you for your time! Hope to see you on Friday.