Our 3 Litre container of olive oil is perfect if you do a lot of cooking, baking and salad dressing making!
Like us, you'll be using it frequently and you'll be happy not to have a glass bottle which can get broken and broken glass in the kitchen isn't good.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a rich source of antioxidants and monounsaturated fats, both of which are thought to protect cardiovascular health.
- It helps prevent heart disease.
- It lowers blood pressure.
- It is a potent mediator in the inflammatory and immune response which lowers the risk of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Diabetes, Auto-immune disease and many other chronic illnesses.
- It protects against breast and colon cancers.
- It improves skin integrity and structure by maintaining moisture.
What makes olive oil so healthy is the oil’s unique combination of healthy monounsaturated fats and powerful antioxidants known as polyphenols. .This combination helps block the oxidation of LDL cholesterol. Most have heard that LDL cholesterol is that “bad” cholesterol. Really, it is the oxidation of LDL cholesterol fuels relentless inflammation, which in turn causes coronary heart disease and all the other diseases mentioned above.We use it in our baking because of its health benefits and because we do not want to use other fats that are lower quality and possibly containing hexane.
Olive oil contains no carbohydrates or protein. All of its' calories come from fat, mostly monounsaturated, making it an extremely heart healthy addition to your diet. One tablespoon of olive oil contains about 119 calories and 14 grams of fat.